It is our intent for the mathematics curriculum to deliver lessons that are creative and engaging. We want children to make rich connections across mathematical ideas to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and competence in solving increasingly sophisticated problems. We want them to be equipped with the mathematical skills they need in life beyond school.
Maths is a core subject and has a high priority within our school curriculum.
- White Rose MathsHub is used as the core maths programme. The delivery of this programme is underpinned by staff CPD with MathsHub.
- MathsHub assessments are used throughout the year to inform teachers of childrens understanding and progress.
- Abacus Maths is used to support progression in maths.
- Testbase materials are used to inform ongoing teacher assessments within day to day learning.
- Timestables Rockstars is a timetable programme that is used across KS2 to ensure children are developing rapid recall of multiplication facts.
- Mathletics is an online programme which supports mathematics learning for students in the classroom and home, through interactive activities, games and challenges.
- Target Maths is a school based initiative which enables the daily application of arithmetic knowledge outside the maths lesson.